Friday, March 25, 2011

Oh NOOOOO!

Well I have not been very good at making new recipes, I have been feeling so awful I can't even describe it!!!!! This pregnancy is so different from the rest, I am literally taking anything and everything I am allowed and nothing is working. Hence the reason why I have not been cooking up a storm, nor cleaning up a storm like I originally had hoped to be while Jim is away. I am hoping this will pass soon enough so i can get back to feeling normal again. I did however make a lasagna the other day and the kids just loved it. So here is my recipe!

Lasagna

3lbs lean ground beef cooked and rinsed
1 big jar tomato sauce (I used an organic tomato and basil)
1 500g tub cottage cheese
3 lg eggs
1 tsp oregano
1 cup shredded cheese
6-8 cooked brown rice lasagna noodles

Mix the cooked ground beef with the tomato sauce, put a thin layer on the bottom of a 9 x 13 pan. Place a layer of cooked brown rice lasagna noodles on top. Mix cottage cheese with eggs and oregano and place on top of the noodles. Sprinkle cheese over top then add another layer of noodles. Top with ground beef and sauce mixture and bake at 350 for an hour.

So easy and so yummy!!!

Jill

No comments: